This will be my last post in 2012, and I want to end the year on a positive note, with a bit of fun, and in an optimistic mood, so I’ve created this poll below,with some of the biggest scientific breakthroughs of the year. It is the first poll I’ve created, so consider it a test, and try not to be too critical..
Note: Before voting, you may read about each breakthrough, below the poll.
- NASA’s Curiosity Rover lands on Mars
- Google X-lab’s neural network can recognize the content of images
- The detection at CERN of the Higgs Boson
- The creation of a Mammal (mouse) entirely from stem cells
- The demonstration of a method of decoding thoughts by studying activity in the human brain’s superior temporal gyrus
- The creation of a working quantum computer out of diamond
- The demonstration that artificial nucleic acids known as “XNAs” can replicate and evolve just like DNA and RNAT
- :إنجازات علمية العام ٢٠١٢ Science journal’s Breakthrough of the Year (hazima.wordpress.com)
- Quantum Spin Liquid: Scientific Breakthrough (scepticalprophet.wordpress.com)
- Top 5 Greatest Technological and Scientific Breakthroughs of 2012 (techeblog.com)